Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

How to Style a Scarf.... in the 80's.



This is just too amazing. I'm tempted to try them out and see how many are actually wearable if done with a scarf that isn't completely hideous (and no shoulder pads.) I'm going to go ahead and say no to scarf clips, though. (Remember the slides?? Remember using them on oversized t-shirts to make a little...ponytail thing by your hip?? Those, or scrunchies. Dear God.)

Don't miss the hot accessory tips towards the end ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Jesus God, it's Interior Decorator Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND she can't pronounce "accessorize." AAAAAGH

      Delete
    2. I knoooow I almost clawed my ears out. What is interior decorator syndrome?

      Delete
    3. Back in the days before HGTV, when decorating shows lived on the Discovery Channel, all of the decorators looked exactly like Scarf Lady up there. Always some boring suit with a scarf on top to show how "artistic" and totally not corporate they were.

      Delete
    4. Ohhh yes, very much so.

      Delete
  2. Lord knows they needed something to balance out the GIGANTIC SHOULDERS. You needed something to bring attention to your head or NO ONE could find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRING BACK THE BIG SUIT!

      ... seriously though I've been watching 80's styles come back and just hoping really hard that it won't include shoulder pads again.

      Delete
  3. I was just thinking about how the more "corporate" looks remind me of airline stewardesses, and the "arty" ones remind me of my junior high art teachers. Oy.

    Also, at the end of the video, the lady was wearing a scarf AND A SHAWL. What?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been very chilly indeed, back in the 80's.

      Delete

LinkWithin

romantica theme by Pink + Lola